It’s less than one year before LEGOLAND® Florida Resort opens the doors to its new LEGOLAND® Hotel, and the window is now officially open for guests to book their rooms! Opening Summer 2015, the five story LEGO® themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, thousands of LEGO models and interactive play areas! The addition of the Hotel gives guests the opportunity to extend their stay and explore LEGOLAND Florida Resort for more than one day giving them the ultimate family experience.
Construction is going strong since the November groundbreaking and LEGOLAND Hotel recently reached its “topping off” milestone as the concrete was poured onto the roof. Emmet, from “The LEGO Movie,” dusted off his construction hat to help with the placing of the Merlin flag. Merlin Entertainments, the parent company of LEGOLAND Parks, is the number one attraction operator in Europe and the second largest in the world with more than 100 attractions in 22 countries and across four continents.
Located at the main entrance of LEGOLAND Florida, the Hotel includes a pool, restaurants including a kid-size buffet, interactive play areas and is truly designed to inspire imaginations and create memories for all visitors. Hotel guests will have early access to the Park and be treated to nightly entertainment.
Families can choose from one of three popular LEGO toy lines as their room theme: Pirate, Kingdom or Adventure. All rooms include two separate sleeping areas, with a king-size bed for grown-ups, and a separate sleeping area for up to three little ones, complete with a bunk bed, pull-out trundle bed and their very own TV! An exciting new room theme will be announced at a later date. To book your room and be part of this brick-tacular moment in history, visit www.LEGOLANDHotel.com!
If you get caught in the rain while visiting LEGOLAND Florida, have no fear! We offer many different activities that you can enjoy in wet weather. Inspired by Maria Long’s review of her recent experience at LEGOLAND Florida, we put together a little list of tips for enjoying LEGOLAND Florida in rain!
- Dine Inside – Rain or cold, dining inside will keep you dry and warm. LEGOLAND has many restaurants that have indoor seating, such as The Market Restaurant, Fried Chicken Co, and Lakeside Dining Co. Covered dining is also available at I-Zone Panini. When waiting out the bad weather, go ahead and refuel at one of our many dining options!
- The Lost Kingdom Adventure – This indoor ride is great entertainment for the whole family. The dark ride gives you the opportunity to fire laser blasters at targets in the Egyptian landscape in all-terrain roadsters. Compete with each other to hit the most targets as you unearth the treasures of the forgotten empire.
- Well Fargo 4D Theatre – Sit back and enjoy as you enter the world of LEGO in one of our three 4D cinematic adventures! Arrive early to catch some LEGOLAND trivia before the interactive show.
- Fresh From Florida Greenhouse – Step inside to learn about farm plants and agriculture. The interactive attraction teaches guests about how food goes from farm to table. Here you can identify LEGO and fresh farm plants, explore miniature farm scenes, and “milk” a cow!
- Imagination Zone
- LEGO MINDSTORMS – These hands-on classes allow you to build and program cutting-edge, computerized LEGO MINDSTORMS robots!
- Built & Test – Located inside Imagination Zone, this area let’s you build and test LEGO cars. Create your own LEGO car and race it against competitors on a digitally timed track!
- Warner Bros Games Zone – Step inside the WB Games Zone to experience the new LEGO video games! This indoor interactive area let’s kids play different kinds of LEGO inspired video games on the latest personal technology devices and video kiosks!
6. Shopping – Bad weather? No problem! Check out our retail stores located throughout the park and add to your LEGO collections. You never know what you might find!
- Shop at Big Shop or Studio Store for the latest and greatest LEGO sets and even some hard-to-find ones!
- Ever lost one piece or missing a particular LEGO brick? Swing by the Pick-a-Brick in LEGO Factory! Choose from hundreds of LEGO elements, accessories and more to customize your own LEGO creations.
- Find retiring sets and clearance items Extreme Brick Bargains Shop located by Pirate’s Cove.
- Are you a LEGO Friends fanatic? The LEGO Friends Store is dedicated to girls. Browse through LEGO Friends plush, apparel, and building sets!
When DUPLO® Valley opens in spring 2014, new attractions and significant renovations will make this toddler-dedicated space a favorite for our smallest guests! The area will include new farm-themed attractions, an air-conditioned indoor play area and a water play area, all geared to toddlers ages 2-5. DUPLO Valley will be the ideal place for parents to play and relax with young children.
One of the key attractions in the new area will be a DUPLO train, where toddlers can board on their own or with parents to explore countryside-themed scenery including farms, fishing holes and campgrounds. Just across the way, toddlers can jump on a mini-tractor and help the DUPLO farmers plow cornfields and find missing farm animals. To cool off after a busy day on the farm, toddlers can also splash and play in the new water play area, filled with water spouts and larger than life DUPLO farm animals on a soft play deck.
In addition to the new attractions, the existing DUPLO Barn will also be significantly renovated to include air-conditioning and additional play areas, as well as an updated toddler room where parents can relax while children build with DUPLO bricks. The Baby Care Center, presented by Winter Haven Hospital, will continue to provide all the amentieis to take care of young children. The area offers private nursing areas, rocking chairs, microwaves, bottle warmers, high chairs, changing stations and more. The Baby Care Center will remain open during construction to accommodate families.
During construction in the former DUPLO Village area, park guests with toddlers are encouraged to explore the other attractions for the entire family found throughout the park. A full list of these toddler-friendly attractions can be found at www.legoland.com/toddlers.
Looking for a place for the entire family to play together? Look no further than The LEGO® World of Chima, presented by Cartoon Network. This new area, exclusive to LEGOLAND® Florida, offers fun for the entire family with three key attractions; The Quest for CHI, Cragger’s Swamp and The Speedorz™ Arena!
This immersive, interactive area will delight guests of all ages, whether they love the LEGO Legends of Chima series, or they are just being introduced to this exciting story for the first time. When guests catch a glimpse of Mount Cavora, complete with cascading waterfalls and towering 55 feet above the majestic Lion Temple, they know the adventure is about to begin.
As families enter The World of Chima, they can embark on The Quest for CHI; an interactive family water ride, where the entire family can board their watercraft and fire water cannons along the way. Families will help Laval the Lion Prince rescue the precious CHI from Cragger the Crocodile King by firing their water cannons at targets throughout the ride, but watch out, some of Chima’s tribes shoot back! And, of course, fellow guests can fire their water cannons from the shore or other boats, so prepare to get wet! Even some of the smallest guests can join the fun, with no minimum height requirement. Guests under 48 inches just need a responsible rider over that height to accompany them and join the fun! (Learn more in this article from USA Today)
In addition to The Quest for CHI, families can also test their skills using special rip-cord powered vehicles in the Speedorz Arena just outside the Lion temple. In this interactive arena, race your Speedorz through a series of LEGO obstacles in a friendly competition.
Families can also cool off in Cragger’s Swamp water play area, where even the smallest guests can splash and play amongst water jets and fun LEGO characters. And, don’t forget to stop by Razar’s Bazaar on your way out of The World of Chima for fun merchandise and a chance to meet Laval and Cragger during special meet and greet sessions.
Where will you go first to start your Chima adventure?
Local transportation to LEGOLAND® Florida just got easier and it’s free. Guests of LEGOLAND Florida who stay at one of three local Bed & Brick Preferred Accommodations Partners will be the first to take advantage of a new shuttle service which will run daily to and from the hotel establishments and the park.
The bright yellow shuttle bus featuring LEGO® characters can already be seen traveling the local streets around Central Florida’s newest theme park.
“This new shuttle service is one more step toward becoming a multi-day destination. Our strong relationships with our Bed & Brick partners and the benefits we continue to offer guests are key to providing memorable vacations for our families,” said Todd Andrus, Sales Manager at LEGOLAND Florida.
LEGOLAND Florida Shuttle Daily Operating Hours:
Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn, Winter Haven
200 Cypress Gardens Blvd., Winter Haven
•Morning Hotel Pickup Time: 8:30am and 10am
•Evening Return Park Pickup Time: 7pm and 8:30pm
Hampton Inn, Lake Wales
22900 US Hwy 27, Lake Wales
•Morning Hotel Pickup Time: 9:15am
•Evening Return Park Pickup Time: 7:45 pm
Greg Grimmer, Vice President of Operations at Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn of Winter Haven stated, “We are very excited to offer this new benefit to our guests. The LEGOLAND shuttle service will definitely help build Winter Haven as a destination for vacationing families.”
The LEGOLAND shuttle service provides more than just convenient transportation locally. While in route, guest will discover fun facts about the park they need to know before entering LEGOLAND Florida for a day full of fun. The shuttle service also provides ADA compliant travel accommodations.