Independent exploration, discovery, and experimentation are the core values of the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. By actively experiencing different programs themselves, guests and students alike are motivated to take a long-term interest in topics from a wide range of different school subjects, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
By working together in teams, those participating also learn to collaborate and improve social and teamwork skills. Overall, LEGOLAND Florida Resort offers nine different classes, available to both school groups and park guests. The classes run from kids in grades K-6, running the gamut on STEM and creative learning!
The classes include:
- Tall Towers Program: Learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong.
- Robotics for Young Beginners: Grasp introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors.
- Funtastic Gears Program: Build a theme park ride and use gears to alter the speed and direction. While building a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the race and why.
- Get Moving: Discover everything about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
- Book and Brick: Create a unique story at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and present to classmates in a fun and interactive way. This class enhances reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Energy Lab Program: Build a solar-powered car and compare solar energy to mechanical energy. Then collect, store and transfer solar energy to power LEGO vehicles.
- Amazing Machines: Construct machines with working gears, levers, and pulleys!
- Astro Bot and Rover Rescue: Program and test solutions using real-life robotics technology that includes sensors, motors and intelligent technology.
For more information on the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, click here.
Looking for a place for the entire family to play together? Look no further than The LEGO® World of Chima, presented by Cartoon Network. This new area, exclusive to LEGOLAND® Florida, offers fun for the entire family with three key attractions; The Quest for CHI, Cragger’s Swamp and The Speedorz™ Arena!
This immersive, interactive area will delight guests of all ages, whether they love the LEGO Legends of Chima series, or they are just being introduced to this exciting story for the first time. When guests catch a glimpse of Mount Cavora, complete with cascading waterfalls and towering 55 feet above the majestic Lion Temple, they know the adventure is about to begin.
As families enter The World of Chima, they can embark on The Quest for CHI; an interactive family water ride, where the entire family can board their watercraft and fire water cannons along the way. Families will help Laval the Lion Prince rescue the precious CHI from Cragger the Crocodile King by firing their water cannons at targets throughout the ride, but watch out, some of Chima’s tribes shoot back! And, of course, fellow guests can fire their water cannons from the shore or other boats, so prepare to get wet! Even some of the smallest guests can join the fun, with no minimum height requirement. Guests under 48 inches just need a responsible rider over that height to accompany them and join the fun! (Learn more in this article from USA Today)
In addition to The Quest for CHI, families can also test their skills using special rip-cord powered vehicles in the Speedorz Arena just outside the Lion temple. In this interactive arena, race your Speedorz through a series of LEGO obstacles in a friendly competition.
Families can also cool off in Cragger’s Swamp water play area, where even the smallest guests can splash and play amongst water jets and fun LEGO characters. And, don’t forget to stop by Razar’s Bazaar on your way out of The World of Chima for fun merchandise and a chance to meet Laval and Cragger during special meet and greet sessions.
Where will you go first to start your Chima adventure?