Independent exploration, discovery, and experimentation are the core values of the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. By actively experiencing different programs themselves, guests and students alike are motivated to take a long-term interest in topics from a wide range of different school subjects, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
By working together in teams, those participating also learn to collaborate and improve social and teamwork skills. Overall, LEGOLAND Florida Resort offers nine different classes, available to both school groups and park guests. The classes run from kids in grades K-6, running the gamut on STEM and creative learning!
The classes include:
- Tall Towers Program: Learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong.
- Robotics for Young Beginners: Grasp introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors.
- Funtastic Gears Program: Build a theme park ride and use gears to alter the speed and direction. While building a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the race and why.
- Get Moving: Discover everything about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
- Book and Brick: Create a unique story at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and present to classmates in a fun and interactive way. This class enhances reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Energy Lab Program: Build a solar-powered car and compare solar energy to mechanical energy. Then collect, store and transfer solar energy to power LEGO vehicles.
- Amazing Machines: Construct machines with working gears, levers, and pulleys!
- Astro Bot and Rover Rescue: Program and test solutions using real-life robotics technology that includes sensors, motors and intelligent technology.
For more information on the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, click here.
What do you get when you combine more than 50 rides, shows and attractions with LEGO Education sets and STEM-focused learning programs for grades K-6? The coolest educational field trip options around!
LEGOLAND Florida makes learning fun with eight different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs that feature robotics, gears, pulleys, levers and even earthquake tables to test the strength of structures. Teachers and parents can choose from a number of programs and associated in-classroom curriculum that tie in to interactive park activities. Each program consists of a 45 minute hands-on educational session, which can be reserved in advance by school groups. For those looking for a less structured program, educational guides found online deliver options for a self-guided experience within the park.
Field trip pricing starts at just $8 per student, including the 45-minute program and all-day admission to LEGOLAND Florida! Reservations are limited and can be booked by school officials by calling 877-350-5346. Park guests can also sign up for these programs on a first come, first served basis at the Imagination Zone during their visit (subject to availability).
Florida teachers for grades K- 12 can also get a firsthand look at LEGOLAND Florida’s education offerings with a free Florida Teacher Pass that includes admission to both LEGOLAND Florida and LEGOLAND Water Park. Qualifying teachers just need to provide FDOE teaching certification and current paystub to receive the pass.
Field trip programs include:
• Tall Towers (Grades K-3): Students learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong and then test their creation on an earthquake table.
• Funtastic Gears (Grades K-2): Students build a theme park ride using gears to alter the speed and direction.
• Robotics for Young Beginners (Grades 1-2): Students will build a Florida alligator and make it move to learn introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors. Program uses WeDo Robotics LEGO Education Set.
• Get Moving (Grades 2-5): Students build a car and predict which car will win the race and why – all while learning about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
• Energy Lab (Grades 2-6): Students build a solar-powered car where they collect, store and transfer the solar energy to power their vehicle.
• Amazing Machines (Grades 3-6): Students build their own amazing machine equipped with gears, levers, pulleys and motors.
• Dr. Heartbeat (Grades 3-6): With students at the helm, “Dr. Heartbeat” and other NXT-bots complete a variety of life-saving operations and medical procedures using a computer, light & sound sensors and motors.
• Adventure Bot (Grades 3-6): Students can go on a mission using Adventure-bots to retrieve golden marble treasures and hide them from the treasure hunters using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.
Start building your educational trip today!