The Florida summer heat is just around the corner and the best way to enjoy time outdoors is to be prepared! We want to help you make the most out of your visit to LEGOLAND Florida with some tips on how to beat the summer heat here in the park.
- Stand under one of our Cool Zones!
Various Cool Zones are located throughout the park for your cooling pleasure with overhead misting fans to give you the refresh you need on a hot day.
- Head over to World of Chima
Unleash the power and battle with water cannons to defend the mystical energy source, CHI. Meet Laval and Cragger, splash and play in Cragger’s Swamp!
- Spend some time in DUPLO Valley
DUPLO Valley, our newest addition, has a few different ways to help you beat the heat. The Splash and Play area is a perfect place for kids to run through the water and have fun while cooling down. DUPLO Barn is an indoor playground, complete with air conditioning.
- Enjoy an indoor show or ride
The Imagination Zone, our 4D Theater, Pharaohs’ Revenge, Lost Kingdom Adventure, Fresh From Florida Greenhouse…just to name a few!
- Take a break and go shopping or enjoy a snack indoors
Most of our dining spaces have shaded or indoor seating. Refuel with some tasty snacks, cold beverages and enjoy the indoors or shop for some of your favorite LEGO products.
- Walk through Cypress Gardens
LEGOLAND Florida is proud to be part of history and preserving Cypress Gardens. Not only can you enjoy some awesome shade but you can also stroll through the beautiful gardens the area has been home to since 1936.
7. Explore the LEGOLAND Water Park
Our Water Park is fun for all ages with tons of cool down options to enjoy! From racing down our water slides to floating in our Build-a-Raft River, you will have plenty to keep you busy OR relax on a lazy summer day.
Now that you are prepared with all our “cool” tips…BRING ON THE SUMMER!
As if you even needed a reason…
- The LEGO World of Chima – Embark on a journey through the magical waters flowing from Mount Cavora when you enter the The Quest for CHI, LEGOLAND Florida’s newest interactive water ride. The World of Chima presented by Cartoon Network, which also features Speedorz Arena and Cragger’s Swamp splash area, is sure to make you feel like you’re actually in Laval and Cragger’s adventurous world!
- Minifigure Trading – Bring your minifigs to LEGOLAND Florida and trade away! MC’s in the park sport minifigures on their nametags and they are ready to trade with you! If you see one you like, don’t be afraid to trade! Trade once, twice, or as many times as you like till you find the perfect minifig to add to your collection.
- Opening of DUPLO Valley – DUPLO Valley reopens in spring 2014 with new attractions, renovations, and enhanced theming! The toddler-dedicated area will include a train, mini tractor ride, water play area, and an air-conditioned indoor play area in the DUPLO Barn. DUPLO Valley will be the perfect place for parents to play and relax with younger children. We can’t wait for our smaller guests to enjoy the new addition to our toddler-friendly attractions throughout the park!
- Pink Knuckle Coasters – LEGOLAND Florida is the ultimate children’s theme park where roller coasters are built and designed just for them! If it’s their first time riding a roller coaster, LEGOLAND Florida has the perfect coasters to ease into! Coastersaurus, The Dragon and Merlin’s Challenge are wonderful for a first-time rider. If you’ve got a real thrill-seeker in the family, don’t miss out on Project X. The coaster’s drop will give them the adrenaline rush they crave!
- LEGOLAND Water Park – Beat the Florida heat this summer at LEGOLAND Florida’s Water Park! Spend the day in a cabana lounging by the LEGO wave pool, build your own raft with floating LEGO bricks in the lazy river, get dunked by gallons of water by the Joker Soaker, and make a splash when you slide down the tallest attraction in the park at Splash Out!
- Ford Driving School – License before age 16? At LEGOLAND Florida you can! Visit the Ford Driving School and get a “real-life” driving experience in LEGO City. Kids receive their official LEGOLAND driver’s license after completing this popular attraction! For our smaller guests, Ford Jr. Driving School allows kids ages 3 through 5 to get in on the driving fun too. Think you can master the seas as well? Test your skills at Boating School when you captain your own mini-vessel!
- Granny’s Apple Fries – Everyone who has tried Granny’s Apple Fries know that these treats are a must-have! Found only at LEGOLANDs, these cinnamon-sugar dusted apple fries are the perfect snack when you spend the weekend at the park. Pair it with whipped cream dipping sauce and you’ve got yourself a homemade apple pie on the go!
- Cypress Gardens – We take pride in taking care and preserving the historic gardens, making LEGOLAND Florida one of the most beautiful LEGOLAND parks in the world! The stunning botanical gardens have been restored to create a horticultural masterpiece, including the eye-catching Banyan Tree that was planted in 1939!
- Miniland USA – The heart of the park is Miniland USA. Recreating cities around the country with LEGO bricks, Miniland USA is sure to keep you fascinated as you discover the incredible detail of each area and the secret lives of the minilanders, its inhabitants. As you wander through Las Vegas, California, and the Kennedy Space center (just to name 3 of the 7 themed areas), keep an eye out for the scenes and trivia we have posted on our blog series, “Miniland USA Scavenger Hunt”!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS Classes – Challenge yourself this year as you build and program cutting-edge, computerized LEGO MINDSTORMS™ robots. Discover motors, gears, and pulleys as you complete these one-of-a-kind STEM focused classes. Educational programs and class field trips are available as well; click here to find out more about these learning opportunities.
- Live Water Ski Show – Flips, jumps, and big air are all stunts you’ll witness first hand at Pirates’ Cove! The live-action, water-stunt show brings both adventure and daring spectacles as they fight the swashbuckling pirates. This interactive live ski-show brings together LEGO characters and the audience to help save the shores of Lake Eloise from Captain Brickbeard!
- Character Meet and Greets – Want to meet some of you favorite LEGO characters? From the Legends of Chima, Laval and Cragger are here to say hi and take pictures with you! Throughout the year we also will also have special visits from the LEGO Friends girls. This year Emmitt and Wyldstyle from The LEGO Movie will be making special appearances to meet their fans! And of course, Buddy and Max will be around to greet all their LEGOLAND friends every day!
- In-Park Events – Our bricktastic events throughout the year will keep you coming back again and again! Celebrate your girly side during LEGO Friends Weekend, watch fireworks during July 4th’s Red Brick and Boom, and dress up during Brick-Or-Treat, our spooky kid-friendly Halloween event. For a full list of our exciting 2014 events, click here.
- Everything LEGO! – Last but not least, LEGOLAND is full of LEGO models! The park is decked out with loads of LEGO models. Get up-close to life size LEGO elephants and giraffes in Safari Trek, joust on LEGO themed horse in LEGO Kingdoms, and take pictures with a massive big red dinosaur, Einstein’s face, or the Empire State Building in Miniland USA! Here at LEGOLAND Florida you can also build and collect LEGO sets that are hard to find in retail stores, plus pass members save 10%!
Here are the 14 best reasons to come spend your weekends at LEGOLAND Florida in 2014! Who wouldn’t want to visit LEGOLAND Florida now? With over 50 rides, shows and attractions plus events throughout the year, you are sure to have a memorable experience when you visit.
We’ll see you soon!
Looking for a place for the entire family to play together? Look no further than The LEGO® World of Chima, presented by Cartoon Network. This new area, exclusive to LEGOLAND® Florida, offers fun for the entire family with three key attractions; The Quest for CHI, Cragger’s Swamp and The Speedorz™ Arena!
This immersive, interactive area will delight guests of all ages, whether they love the LEGO Legends of Chima series, or they are just being introduced to this exciting story for the first time. When guests catch a glimpse of Mount Cavora, complete with cascading waterfalls and towering 55 feet above the majestic Lion Temple, they know the adventure is about to begin.
As families enter The World of Chima, they can embark on The Quest for CHI; an interactive family water ride, where the entire family can board their watercraft and fire water cannons along the way. Families will help Laval the Lion Prince rescue the precious CHI from Cragger the Crocodile King by firing their water cannons at targets throughout the ride, but watch out, some of Chima’s tribes shoot back! And, of course, fellow guests can fire their water cannons from the shore or other boats, so prepare to get wet! Even some of the smallest guests can join the fun, with no minimum height requirement. Guests under 48 inches just need a responsible rider over that height to accompany them and join the fun! (Learn more in this article from USA Today)
In addition to The Quest for CHI, families can also test their skills using special rip-cord powered vehicles in the Speedorz Arena just outside the Lion temple. In this interactive arena, race your Speedorz through a series of LEGO obstacles in a friendly competition.
Families can also cool off in Cragger’s Swamp water play area, where even the smallest guests can splash and play amongst water jets and fun LEGO characters. And, don’t forget to stop by Razar’s Bazaar on your way out of The World of Chima for fun merchandise and a chance to meet Laval and Cragger during special meet and greet sessions.
Where will you go first to start your Chima adventure?