With a new year underway, many of us aim to keep our resolutions! Whether you’re looking for inspiration or need a little motivation, LEGOLAND® Florida Resort has 3 Bricktastic Resolutions worth considering:
- Spend More Time With Family
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is the perfect place to build memories with your kids that will last a lifetime. There’s no better time to take advantage of our Annual Pass Deal that allows you to enjoy over 50 rides, shows and attractions all year long! We also recently announced our 2015 line-up of events that are included with park admission*. With so many opportunities to spend time with your family we foresee 2015 being the year of building memories!
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Health and fitness resolutions tend to be quite popular and LEGOLAND Florida Resort will help you keep these promises. Making a conscious effort to walk more and get active can be so easy when you explore this 150-acre interactive theme park – with so much to do and see! The beautiful Cypress Gardens is one of LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s exclusive gems and sets the perfect backdrop for any energetic walk. Another fun event for the entire family – Brick Dash 5k Run and Fun Walk benefitting Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Fund for Women and Children. This unique 5K is perfect for all ages, no matter your running level and gives you a different perspective of the Park as you race through LEGOLAND. The race takes place on Saturday, April 11. For more information, be sure to check our website.
- Keep Learning
LEGO® sets make education fun when incorporated in the classroom and at home. From making fractions entertaining to inspiring kids to build models and bring them to life, LEGO® Education offers a wide range of curriculum activities. Looking to take the class on an unforgettable field trip? For the last 3 years, LEGOLAND Florida Resort has been offering bricktastic learning experiences unlike any other! LEGOLAND Florida Resort offers fun programs for students K-6 with a focus on science, technology, engineering and math. These programs have expanded with the introduction of the new StoryStarter and 2 Robotics Programs featuring the cutting edge MINDSTORMS EV3. For more information on all our school group programs, click here.
COMMENT with your 2015 New Year’s Resolution.
(*except Brick Dash)
Independent exploration, discovery, and experimentation are the core values of the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. By actively experiencing different programs themselves, guests and students alike are motivated to take a long-term interest in topics from a wide range of different school subjects, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
By working together in teams, those participating also learn to collaborate and improve social and teamwork skills. Overall, LEGOLAND Florida Resort offers nine different classes, available to both school groups and park guests. The classes run from kids in grades K-6, running the gamut on STEM and creative learning!
The classes include:
- Tall Towers Program: Learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong.
- Robotics for Young Beginners: Grasp introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors.
- Funtastic Gears Program: Build a theme park ride and use gears to alter the speed and direction. While building a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the race and why.
- Get Moving: Discover everything about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
- Book and Brick: Create a unique story at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and present to classmates in a fun and interactive way. This class enhances reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Energy Lab Program: Build a solar-powered car and compare solar energy to mechanical energy. Then collect, store and transfer solar energy to power LEGO vehicles.
- Amazing Machines: Construct machines with working gears, levers, and pulleys!
- Astro Bot and Rover Rescue: Program and test solutions using real-life robotics technology that includes sensors, motors and intelligent technology.
For more information on the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, click here.
What do you get when you combine more than 50 rides, shows and attractions with LEGO Education sets and STEM-focused learning programs for grades K-6? The coolest educational field trip options around!
LEGOLAND Florida makes learning fun with eight different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs that feature robotics, gears, pulleys, levers and even earthquake tables to test the strength of structures. Teachers and parents can choose from a number of programs and associated in-classroom curriculum that tie in to interactive park activities. Each program consists of a 45 minute hands-on educational session, which can be reserved in advance by school groups. For those looking for a less structured program, educational guides found online deliver options for a self-guided experience within the park.
Field trip pricing starts at just $8 per student, including the 45-minute program and all-day admission to LEGOLAND Florida! Reservations are limited and can be booked by school officials by calling 877-350-5346. Park guests can also sign up for these programs on a first come, first served basis at the Imagination Zone during their visit (subject to availability).
Florida teachers for grades K- 12 can also get a firsthand look at LEGOLAND Florida’s education offerings with a free Florida Teacher Pass that includes admission to both LEGOLAND Florida and LEGOLAND Water Park. Qualifying teachers just need to provide FDOE teaching certification and current paystub to receive the pass.
Field trip programs include:
• Tall Towers (Grades K-3): Students learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong and then test their creation on an earthquake table.
• Funtastic Gears (Grades K-2): Students build a theme park ride using gears to alter the speed and direction.
• Robotics for Young Beginners (Grades 1-2): Students will build a Florida alligator and make it move to learn introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors. Program uses WeDo Robotics LEGO Education Set.
• Get Moving (Grades 2-5): Students build a car and predict which car will win the race and why – all while learning about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
• Energy Lab (Grades 2-6): Students build a solar-powered car where they collect, store and transfer the solar energy to power their vehicle.
• Amazing Machines (Grades 3-6): Students build their own amazing machine equipped with gears, levers, pulleys and motors.
• Dr. Heartbeat (Grades 3-6): With students at the helm, “Dr. Heartbeat” and other NXT-bots complete a variety of life-saving operations and medical procedures using a computer, light & sound sensors and motors.
• Adventure Bot (Grades 3-6): Students can go on a mission using Adventure-bots to retrieve golden marble treasures and hide them from the treasure hunters using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.
Start building your educational trip today!