This month’s foodie blog is all about breakfast! Start your Sunday off right with Buddy, Max and one of the LEGO® Friends before park opening at our all-new Bricks ‘n’ Breakfast character breakfast.
First, you’ll enjoy exclusive access and escort by our VIP Experiences Team into the park prior to opening, and then it’s on to your destination at the Magnolia Mansion Gardens to meet Buddy for a character photo in front of beautiful Lake Eloise!
Which table theme will you choose: LEGO City, LEGO Friends, LEGO Chima, LEGO Kingdoms, or The LEGO Movie? After being seated, it’s time to eat! Enjoy a wide selection of tasty breakfast foods, including bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, and more. Munch on all of your favorites as the characters come right up to your table for a personal meet and greet experience – not to mention an awesome photo opportunity!
To top it all off, each child is given a LEGO Minifigure, parents receive the opportunity to “pinch” their table’s LEGO Salt ‘n’ Pepper Shakers at the end of breakfast, and the whole family a enjoys a head start – before other guests enter – to all of the rides and attractions as the park opens!
Price $30 per person, experience available Sundays only. *Park admission and parking are not included and must be purchased separately.
For more information, or to book your Bricks ‘n’ Breakfast VIP experience, head on over to the LLF website’s VIP Experiences Page.
LEGOLAND® Florida kicks off 2014 with a full line-up of action-packed special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. You will want to return again and again to enjoy LEGOLAND® Florida’s special events and more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. And the best part of all is each event (*except Citrus Classic 5K) is included with regular park admission!
- The LEGO Club Weekend includes fun for all with activities to celebrate “The LEGO Movie”, the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure featuring an all-star cast and set to open in theaters February 7. Come enjoy a special movie-themed building activity, movie-themed scavenger hunt in Miniland USA and meet and greet sessions with costume characters Emmet and Wyldstyle! February 8 and 9, 2014
- LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls! This third annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Friends product line for girls. Friends Weekend activities include a LEGO Friends super brick build, a best friend build competition, a scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, entertainment, games, and a chance to meet your favorite character! Don’t miss out on this fun-filled event on Valentine’s Day weekend. February 15 and 16, 2014
- LEGOLAND Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens with a splash and just in time for summer-time fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river or splash and play in the DUPLO® Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. Opens April 12 and runs through the end of October. Beat the Florida heat this summer at LEGOLAND Water Park! Daily operational hours vary and can be found at www.legoland.com. April 12, 2014
- Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk* allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. Visit www.legoland.com for event registration fees and processes. April 12, 2014
- Red, Brick & Boom celebrates the 4th of July with a bang at this third annual Independence Day event. With a super brick flag build and special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight with three nights of family fun and fireworks! July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
- Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, LEGO build activities, the largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern in the world, a haunted scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, Halloween-themed entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with brick-tastic prizes! Bring your costumes and your best scary faces to LEGOLAND Florida this October! Weekends in October 2014
- Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made of 270,000 LEGO bricks, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations throughout the park, holiday LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier make daily appearances in the park providing a perfect family photo opportunity. Spend the holidays at your favorite Florida theme park! Weekends in December 2014
- Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise after the holidays. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2014
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the New Year with the whole family. Watch the giant LEGO brick drop at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST. Other event elements include a spectacular fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA. December 31, 2014
Which special event are you most excited for this year?
For the second installment of our Miniland USA Scavenger Hunt, we have a seasonal favorite for you! Our Master Model Builders have created and placed 30 versions of jolly St. Nick and his reindeer throughout Miniland USA! Can you find all 30 Miniland Santa models?
Here are some hints to help you along (and photos too)!
1) Someone forgot to tell the Secret Service about Santa’s arrival.
2) While in Florida, Santa may have stopped to check out a NASCAR race.
3) You might get wet looking for Santa in New York City.
4) Santa and his reindeer have no trouble navigating the most winding street in San Francisco.
5) Santa may have wanted a little poolside time in Las Vegas.
Good luck! And let us know which Miniland Santa models are your favorites!
Miniland USA is certainly the heart of LEGOLAND Florida, and many guests spend hours just taking in the details. If you are one such LEGO enthusiast with a keen eye for detail, we’ve got some fun trivia for you. Each month we will highlight a few scenes found in Miniland USA that are hidden in plain sight as part of a new “Miniland Scavenger Hunt” blog series, so get ready to learn about the secret lives of our Minilanders!
For the first Miniland Scavenger Hunt, we’ll give you five scenes to look for;
- Where in Florida can you find a man trying to herd cats?
- A couple is tying the knot in Washington DC, can you find them?
- Which college football team gets a shout out in Las Vegas?
- Can you find the dog on the run with a hot dog in New York?
- Where in California can you find a reference to the first LEGOLAND Park?
Stay tuned for more fun facts and hidden scenes from Miniland USA, and be sure to share your favorite scenes in the comments below!
Looking for a fun and educational way for your children to spend their time this summer? LEGOLAND Florida has a few great options for you!
Join us as we partner with the YMCA of Central Florida to offer the first ever LEGOLAND Camp! LEGOLAND Experts will challenge participants to build, create, learn, explore and engineer during this week long educational program. Then, it’s off to explore the different LEGOLAND Zones, Cypress Gardens, and even the brand new water park! (Friday only).
The YMCA is providing roundtrip transportation to LEGOLAND Florida from local YMCA locations. Space is limited, so select your desired drop off/pick up location today and contact Cory Johns (Program Director, YMCA) to register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-896-9220 x288.
•Dr. Phillips Elementary YMCA Camp – 6/18
•Dommerich Elementary YMCA Camp – 6/25
•Lake Whitney Elementary YMCA Camp – 7/9
•Lake Nona YMCA – 7/16
LEGOLAND Camp is open to ages 5-12. YMCA Membership price is $225.
Or, if you are you looking for a unique LEGO robotics camp for your child this summer join the IBrick Academy at LEGOLAND Florida July 9-13 or July 16-20.
Your child can build LEGO robots using LEGO Education MINDSTORMS and NXT, play at LEGOLAND and the brand new water park! To register, please contact James Jones at 407-230-6100, email at email@example.com or visit www.ibrickacademy.com