LEGOLAND® Florida kicks off 2014 with a full line-up of action-packed special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. You will want to return again and again to enjoy LEGOLAND® Florida’s special events and more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. And the best part of all is each event (*except Citrus Classic 5K) is included with regular park admission!
- The LEGO Club Weekend includes fun for all with activities to celebrate “The LEGO Movie”, the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure featuring an all-star cast and set to open in theaters February 7. Come enjoy a special movie-themed building activity, movie-themed scavenger hunt in Miniland USA and meet and greet sessions with costume characters Emmet and Wyldstyle! February 8 and 9, 2014
- LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls! This third annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Friends product line for girls. Friends Weekend activities include a LEGO Friends super brick build, a best friend build competition, a scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, entertainment, games, and a chance to meet your favorite character! Don’t miss out on this fun-filled event on Valentine’s Day weekend. February 15 and 16, 2014
- LEGOLAND Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens with a splash and just in time for summer-time fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river or splash and play in the DUPLO® Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. Opens April 12 and runs through the end of October. Beat the Florida heat this summer at LEGOLAND Water Park! Daily operational hours vary and can be found at www.legoland.com. April 12, 2014
- Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk* allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. Visit www.legoland.com for event registration fees and processes. April 12, 2014
- Red, Brick & Boom celebrates the 4th of July with a bang at this third annual Independence Day event. With a super brick flag build and special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight with three nights of family fun and fireworks! July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
- Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, LEGO build activities, the largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern in the world, a haunted scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, Halloween-themed entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with brick-tastic prizes! Bring your costumes and your best scary faces to LEGOLAND Florida this October! Weekends in October 2014
- Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made of 270,000 LEGO bricks, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations throughout the park, holiday LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier make daily appearances in the park providing a perfect family photo opportunity. Spend the holidays at your favorite Florida theme park! Weekends in December 2014
- Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise after the holidays. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2014
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the New Year with the whole family. Watch the giant LEGO brick drop at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST. Other event elements include a spectacular fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA. December 31, 2014
Which special event are you most excited for this year?
For the second installment of our Miniland USA Scavenger Hunt, we have a seasonal favorite for you! Our Master Model Builders have created and placed 30 versions of jolly St. Nick and his reindeer throughout Miniland USA! Can you find all 30 Miniland Santa models?
Here are some hints to help you along (and photos too)!
1) Someone forgot to tell the Secret Service about Santa’s arrival.
2) While in Florida, Santa may have stopped to check out a NASCAR race.
3) You might get wet looking for Santa in New York City.
4) Santa and his reindeer have no trouble navigating the most winding street in San Francisco.
5) Santa may have wanted a little poolside time in Las Vegas.
Good luck! And let us know which Miniland Santa models are your favorites!
The holiday fun doesn’t stop when Christmas is over! LEGOLAND Florida gets the New Year’s party started early with a Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve that features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise December 26-31, 2013. Watch a spectacular fireworks display with special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding LEGO bricks! During Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve all guests will receive a 25% discount off dining after 4:00 PM throughout the park!
LEGOLAND Florida has some great activities to help celebrate the New Year with Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve. During the days leading up to 2014 (December 26 – 30), the park will host event activities such as the “Reindeer Pause” stage show in Miniland USA, roaming entertainment throughout the park, and a nightly firework show at 7:00 PM! Be sure to grab the special 3D glasses and miniature glow sticks before the fireworks show!
Then on December 31st the whole family can enjoy a family-friendly party with Kids’ New Year’s Eve! Kids get to rock out in Miniland USA with a live DJ Dance Party from 3:00 – 7:00 PM that’s sure to get the whole family moving. LEGO Friends will also be dressed up in holiday attire for meet and greets with all our guests!
To ring in the New Year, LEGOLAND Florida’s grand finale features an impressive LEGO fireworks display, and a chance to watch the BRICK Drop at just the right time for kids, midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST on December 31st.
So bring your family and friends to LEGOLAND Florida to celebrate the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014!
Welcome to the December edition of the official LEGOLAND Florida Foodie blog! This month’s post will be dedicated to the family style meals, just in time for the holidays. At these featured restaurants, you and your family can sit down and enjoy a great meal together while visiting LEGOLAND Florida!
Pizza & Pasta Buffet: After a busy morning walking around the park and enjoying LEGOLAND’s 50 rides, shows and attractions, enjoy a family meal at the all-you-can-eat Pizza & Pasta Buffet! It is the perfect place to sit down and refuel yourself and your family for the second half of the day. The buffet style restaurant serves different variety of freshly-made pizzas, from the vegetarian friendly Garden pizza to the meat lover’s favorite choice Meat Feast pizza! The sit-down restaurant also features 2 different types of pasta. The buffet is completed with a salad bar, bread sticks, and a cinnamon dessert pizza! Indoor and outdoor seating are available. We recommend sitting outside for a gorgeous view of Miniland USA. Located in Fun Town, lunch break at Pizza & Pasta Buffet will leave you feeling happy and satisfied!
Fried Chicken Co. Restaurant: Did someone say chicken? Stop by the Fried Chicken Company located in LEGO City to chow down on some delicious chicken inspired meals! The restaurant serves chicken in all its different varieties – Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Wrap, and even Tenders! Pair your meal with fries, baked beans, or coleslaw. Our chicken is fresh, battered in our own special recipe and fried golden brown for the perfect taste! Make your way to the best chicken restaurant in the area and enjoy a great meal!
Market Restaurant: Having a hard time deciding on what to eat? Look no further, the Market Restaurant is your one stop shop – for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! A variety of meals are offered in this market style food court. Choose from specialty coffees, fresh salads, hot soups, rotisserie chicken and grilled salmon, Asian fusion, and much more! Kid’s choices and desserts are served here as well. Keep the family happy while they eat and when they are finished! Placed inside the Market Restaurant are kid’s LEGO play tables to keep the little ones busy once they’ve finished their meals.
In November during LEGO Club Weekend, we held the LEGO Legends of Chima themed Junior Model Master Builder competition at LEGOLAND Florida and the results are in! The entries were all so good and the judges definitely had a hard time deciding the winners from each age division. A special thanks to all those who competed and a big congratulations to those who won!
Here are the winners and their winning LEGO Legends of Chima model build.
9 & Under Age Division:
Gustavo A. from Key Biscayne, FL (Left) and Hayden W. from Frostproof, FL (Right)
10 – 15 Age Division:
Billy L. from Bartow, FL (Left) and Jacqueline F. from Brandon, FL (Right)
16 & Up Age Division:
Amy B. from Orlando, FL (Left) and Eugene W. from Casselberry, FL (Right)
Good Luck to all the 2013 JMMB winners as you compete in the Ultimate Build Off Competition in 2014!
The holidays are here, and what better way to celebrate the season than with some ticket giveaways?! We’re excited to launch the LEGOLAND Florida Countdown to Christmas Facebook Contest!
This December we are having 4 weekly contests on our Facebook page for a chance to win a 4-pack of 1-day tickets to LEGOLAND Florida for Christmas Bricktacular! Each week, we will be posting a holiday related question/activity on our Facebook page for all our LEGOLAND Florida fans to complete.
The dates for each weekly contest are as follows:
Week 1: Dec 2 – Dec 5, 2013. Winner notified Dec 6, 2013
Week 2: Dec 9 – Dec 12, 2013. Winner notified Dec 13, 2013
Week 3: Dec 16 – Dec 19, 2013. Winner notified Dec 20, 2013
Week 4: Dec 23 – Dec 26, 2013. Winner notified Dec 27, 2013
To enter, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: “Like” LEGOLAND Florida on Facebook
Step 2: Submit your answer for the weekly Countdown to Christmas question posted on the LEGOLAND Florida Facebook page for your chance to win the weekly prize.
Each weekly contest will begin at 9:00 am EST on Monday and end on the Thursday in the same week. Each week all entries must be received by 5pm EST on Thursday in order to be entered for judging. Winners will be decided and notified on Friday of the same week. The contest will run from December 2, 2013 to December 26, 2013.
Each week, a winner will be randomly selected from all contestants with correct answers. For those questions that involve individual answers, entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, and composition. To see the official contest rules, visit our website.
Good luck and Happy Holidays!
Miniland USA is certainly the heart of LEGOLAND Florida, and many guests spend hours just taking in the details. If you are one such LEGO enthusiast with a keen eye for detail, we’ve got some fun trivia for you. Each month we will highlight a few scenes found in Miniland USA that are hidden in plain sight as part of a new “Miniland Scavenger Hunt” blog series, so get ready to learn about the secret lives of our Minilanders!
For the first Miniland Scavenger Hunt, we’ll give you five scenes to look for;
- Where in Florida can you find a man trying to herd cats?
- A couple is tying the knot in Washington DC, can you find them?
- Which college football team gets a shout out in Las Vegas?
- Can you find the dog on the run with a hot dog in New York?
- Where in California can you find a reference to the first LEGOLAND Park?
Stay tuned for more fun facts and hidden scenes from Miniland USA, and be sure to share your favorite scenes in the comments below!
On Thursday, November 21, 2013, LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones once again put on his hard hat to unveil an expansion at LEGOLAND Florida; officially announcing that the much anticipated LEGOLAND Hotel will open in 2015. Jones made the announcement alongside community leaders with a ceremonial groundbreaking moment at the site where the hotel will be built, directly to the left of LEGOLAND Florida’s entrance, near beautiful Lake Eloise.
“The opening of a LEGOLAND Hotel will transition LEGOLAND Florida from a single-day visit theme park to a multi-day resort destination,” said Jones. “This will serve as a catalyst for future economic development in Polk County.”
Welcoming guests with a multicolored exterior and entrance, the four-story LEGOLAND Hotel will immerse families with young children in the world of LEGO®, as an extension of the vibrant and interactive theme park experience. Created to bring children’s imaginations to life, the LEGO-themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor; interactive play areas; a pool and a restaurant.
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel will add 250 construction-related jobs during the construction, and another 250 jobs to its employee base to staff the new hotel upon completion.
This will be the fifth LEGOLAND Hotel in the world joining LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Windsor and LEGOLAND Billund hotels. LEGOLAND Malaysia Hotel will soon open its doors.
There is always that one person on your Christmas list that has it all, the person who is just impossible to shop for, right? If you have a LEGO fan that fits that description on your list, we have the perfect gift idea for you; a LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience!
With expanded VIP Experience offerings during the holidays, you can give the perfect gift to that special someone, from reserved fireworks seating during Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve to our Christmas Bricktacular VIP Experience that includes a tour of the secret Model Shop, priority ride access all day and a special meet & greet session with LEGO Santa and Toy Soldier!
The VIP Experiences Reserved Fireworks seating is offered nightly December 26-31, 2013 and includes reserved seating, hot chocolate, warm cookies and a blanket to keep you cozy during the fireworks display. This experience can be added to park admission for just $23 per child and $25 per adult. Park admission is required.
If you book the LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience during Christmas Bricktacular, private meet & greet sessions with LEGO Santa and Toy Soldier are included. Pricing starts at $445 per child and $495 per adult. LEGOLAND Florida Annual Pass Members receive a special discount of more than $100 off!
The LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience includes:
- Your personal VIP Host for the entire day
- Exclusive tour of the secret Model Shop with our Model Builder
- Priority access to rides & attractions
- Single day admission & parking
- Lunch & refreshments
- Interesting park and LEGO Model facts
- VIP lanyard
- LEGOLAND Florida Gift bag
- Printed souvenir photograph
- Unlimited digital photograph package for the day
Not visiting during the holidays, but want to gift the VIP Experience? We offer Brick Gift Vouchers to make gift giving a snap. This gift is a customized LEGO Brick wall with a photo and message of your choice!
To learn more or book your VIP Experience, click here or call 1-855-753-7777. All VIP Experiences require an advance booking to guarantee availability.
The holiday season is back, and so is LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular event!
LEGOLAND Florida celebrates the holidays every Saturday and Sunday during the month of December. With exciting holiday activities and spectacular decorations throughout the park, spending the weekend at Christmas Bricktacular will bring holiday cheer and fun for the whole family!
Check out the Christmas Bricktacular activities below:
- LEGO Santa Model: For the first time at LEGOLAND Florida, families will have a photo opportunity with a life-sized LEGO Santa Claus.
- LEGO® Christmas Tree: The more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks provides the perfect place for every holiday family photo. Through Dec. 25, a special family will be chosen to help light the Bricktacular tree each night.
- LEGO Model Build Activity in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza:
–Dec. 7-8 and 14-15: Help decorate the live Christmas trees with LEGO Christmas ornaments.
–Dec. 21-24: Help LEGOLAND Florida build a LEGO Christmas Tree in time for Christmas day that will stand over 20 foot tall when completed.
- LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt: It’s Christmas Eve in Miniland USA and Santa is busy delivering gifts to all the good girl and boy minilanders. Help find Santa in this fun-filled holiday scavenger hunt. The whole family can enjoy searching for Santa in the over 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland USA.
- LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters: Guests will have meet and greet opportunities with LEGOLAND Florida’s special holiday friends, LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier.
- Holiday Decorations: Guests will get into the holiday spirit with sounds of the season and holiday decorations that fill The Beginning and Fun Town areas of the park along with a winter wonderland feel as snow falls all around them.
- Holiday Shopping: LEGOLAND Florida is the best place to celebrate the season and pick up the holiday gifts that are on every child’s wish list – LEGO! With six specialty stores, the park is proud to offer a unique and often hard to find selection of LEGO products and more.
And the best part of all is that Christmas Bricktacular is included with park admission!