This month’s foodie blog is all about breakfast! Start your Sunday off right with Buddy, Max and one of the LEGO® Friends before park opening at our all-new Bricks ‘n’ Breakfast character breakfast.
First, you’ll enjoy exclusive access and escort by our VIP Experiences Team into the park prior to opening, and then it’s on to your destination at the Magnolia Mansion Gardens to meet Buddy for a character photo in front of beautiful Lake Eloise!
Which table theme will you choose: LEGO City, LEGO Friends, LEGO Chima, LEGO Kingdoms, or The LEGO Movie? After being seated, it’s time to eat! Enjoy a wide selection of tasty breakfast foods, including bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, and more. Munch on all of your favorites as the characters come right up to your table for a personal meet and greet experience – not to mention an awesome photo opportunity!
To top it all off, each child is given a LEGO Minifigure, parents receive the opportunity to “pinch” their table’s LEGO Salt ‘n’ Pepper Shakers at the end of breakfast, and the whole family a enjoys a head start – before other guests enter – to all of the rides and attractions as the park opens!
Price $30 per person, experience available Sundays only. *Park admission and parking are not included and must be purchased separately.
For more information, or to book your Bricks ‘n’ Breakfast VIP experience, head on over to the LLF website’s VIP Experiences Page.
Back by popular demand, The LEGO Movie Weekend festivities will return to LEGOLAND Florida! Every weekend in March starting March 8th, LEGOLAND Florida is bringing back scavenger hunts, photo opportunities as well as new family fun with a chance to help transform Miniland USA’s New York City into the famous Bricksburg!
No instructions are needed here, The LEGO Movie Weekends in March will feature an all out takeover of Miniland USA’s New York City and model builders need the help of guests to transform this city into Bricksburg, home of the movie’s hero, Emmet. While LEGOLAND Florida model builders add iconic LEGO models from “The LEGO Movie” each weekend, guests will have the chance to build alongside them and use their imaginations to create their own model that will live on and be added to the city to be transformed into Bricksburg over the four week event.
Check out the awesome The LEGO Movie Weekend activities below:
- New! The LEGO Movie Take Over of Miniland’s New York City – Miniland USA Guests can use their imagination to build their own unique LEGO model to help LEGOLAND Florida Master Model Builders transform Miniland USA’s New York City into Emmet’s home town, Bricksburg. Master Model Builders will add iconic LEGO Bricksburg Models each weekend such as:
- The construction crane hoisting “The LEGO Movie” Logo over the city.
- Lord Business’ Evil Lair
- Batman’s Batwing Vehicle
- Benny’s Spaceship…and more!
- New! LEGO Batman Photo Opportunity – Imagination Zone Pose with the LEGO Batman, Wyldstyle’s boyfriend in “The LEGO Movie.”
- Meet & Greet with Emmet & Wyldstyle – Imagination Zone Fans can walk the red carpet and meet the stars of “The LEGO Movie,” Emmet and Wyldstyle.
- “The LEGO Movie” Scavenger Hunt – Miniland USA Emmet, Wyldstyle and Lord Business are lost in Miniland USA. Guests can help find them to save the day! Guests can submit an entry to win a LEGO Prize Pack at www.legoland.com. See website for official rules.
- “The LEGO Movie” Video Game Challenge – Warner Bros. Games Zone Gaming fans can test their skills and play the latest action-packed video game, “The LEGO Movie.”
- “The LEGO Movie” Mural Build – Imagination Zone Families can build together and help create a giant LEGO poster of “The LEGO Movie.”
With a record-breaking box office debut, an action-packed video game and a contagious song, everything is awesome with “The LEGO® Movie,” and kids and parents alike just can’t get enough. Join us weekends in March to celebrate The LEGO Movie with hands-on activities and meet & greets! See you there!
“The LEGO Movie” Weekend is included with park admission and guests will have complete access to a full day of theme park fun with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions all geared to families with children ages 2 to 12.
We’ve got some great offers at our retail locations throughout the park during the month of February! Be sure to take advantage of the following specials.
During The LEGO Movie Weekend on February 8th and 9th:
- At the Big Shop and Studio store, spend $30 on any LEGO Movie Toy Purchase and get a Free Gift (Limited quantities available while supplies last. $30 spend is after all discounts and excludes tax)
- Free LEGO Movie Poster with ANY LEGO Movie purchase!
- LEGO Movie Weekend Special – All face painting will include a Free Glitter Upgrade for all guests
During LEGO Friends Weekend February 15th and 16th:
- Spend $10.00 on any LEGO Friends Purchase (Toy, Extended Line and Apparel) and get a Free LEGO Friends Gift (Limited quantities available while supplies last. $10 spend is after all discounts and excludes tax)
- Kids will receive a LEGO Friends Poster and LEGO Friends Activity Book (while supplies last) after completing the Miniland USA Scavenger hunt as a prize. Claim the prize at the cart located by the Wells Fargo 4D Theater
- LEGO Friends Weekend Special – All face painting will include a Free Glitter Upgrade for all guests
February Month-Long Specials (or while supplies last):
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free of LEGO Friends Animal Packs
- 50% off Friends Notebook, Friends Activity Book, and Friends Carry Case
- 50% off LEGO Classic Name Sign and LEGO Friends Name Sign
- LEGO Magnets $2.48 each regularly $6.99 each: Includes all single magnets with the round back
February Specials for Annual Pass Holders (pass must be presented at time of purchase):
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Play on Knights Challenge and Goblet Toss
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Photo offer – Buy 1 6×8 photo and get a duplicate copy free
- $5 off any Framing Option with any Caricature Purchase with a valid annual pass
Terms and conditions apply; see any retail Model Citizen for details
A herd of cows, goats, chickens, and sheep have arrived at LEGOLAND Florida to graze about in their new homes in the park’s latest expansion, DUPLO Valley! The new area specifically geared to toddlers ages 2 to 5 will officially open to guests on May 23, 2014, just in time for family-fun over Memorial Day weekend! The DUPLO farm animals will be key features in two of the attractions, the mini tractor ride and the water play area.
The central feature of DUPLO Valley will be the DUPLO Train where toddlers will be able to board a train on their own or with their parents to explore countryside-themed scenery passing through farms, fishing holes and campgrounds. Just across the way, toddlers will be able to jump on a tractor their size and help the farmers plow the cornfields and hunt for missing farm animals. For those looking to cool off, the new splash and play area will be refreshingly fun with intermittent water spouts and interactive water elements set among larger than life farm animals with a soft deck for safety.
Another key element will be the existing DUPLO Barn which will feature significant enhancements to allow kids to play indoors in the comfort of air conditioning. Existing attractions will be enhanced with additional DUPLO farm-themed play areas and a toddler room where parents can relax while kids build with DUPLO bricks. The barn’s Baby Care Center will continue to provide all the amenities to take care of young children. It offers private nursing stations, rocking chairs, microwaves, bottle warmers, high chairs, changing stations, cell phone charging stations and more.
The new DUPLO Valley will add more excitement to LEGOLAND Florida’s line-up of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions dedicated to children of ages 2 to 12.
In November during LEGO Club Weekend, we held the LEGO Legends of Chima themed Junior Model Master Builder competition at LEGOLAND Florida and the results are in! The entries were all so good and the judges definitely had a hard time deciding the winners from each age division. A special thanks to all those who competed and a big congratulations to those who won!
Here are the winners and their winning LEGO Legends of Chima model build.
9 & Under Age Division:
Gustavo A. from Key Biscayne, FL (Left) and Hayden W. from Frostproof, FL (Right)
10 – 15 Age Division:
Billy L. from Bartow, FL (Left) and Jacqueline F. from Brandon, FL (Right)
16 & Up Age Division:
Amy B. from Orlando, FL (Left) and Eugene W. from Casselberry, FL (Right)
Good Luck to all the 2013 JMMB winners as you compete in the Ultimate Build Off Competition in 2014!
On Thursday, November 21, 2013, LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones once again put on his hard hat to unveil an expansion at LEGOLAND Florida; officially announcing that the much anticipated LEGOLAND Hotel will open in 2015. Jones made the announcement alongside community leaders with a ceremonial groundbreaking moment at the site where the hotel will be built, directly to the left of LEGOLAND Florida’s entrance, near beautiful Lake Eloise.
“The opening of a LEGOLAND Hotel will transition LEGOLAND Florida from a single-day visit theme park to a multi-day resort destination,” said Jones. “This will serve as a catalyst for future economic development in Polk County.”
Welcoming guests with a multicolored exterior and entrance, the four-story LEGOLAND Hotel will immerse families with young children in the world of LEGO®, as an extension of the vibrant and interactive theme park experience. Created to bring children’s imaginations to life, the LEGO-themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor; interactive play areas; a pool and a restaurant.
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel will add 250 construction-related jobs during the construction, and another 250 jobs to its employee base to staff the new hotel upon completion.
This will be the fifth LEGOLAND Hotel in the world joining LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Windsor and LEGOLAND Billund hotels. LEGOLAND Malaysia Hotel will soon open its doors.
LEGOLAND Florida salutes the military veterans of the United States Armed Forces with appreciation days Nov. 1-17, 2013. In gratitude for their service, all military veterans are entitled to free admission to LEGOLAND Florida everyday during the 17-day period. Veterans are also entitled to discounted tickets for up to six accompanying guests at $40 plus tax each to experience the park’s more than 50 rides, shows and attractions designed for families with children ages 2 to 12. Adding to the celebration, Washington D.C. in Miniland U.S.A will be decorated with patriotic flair from Nov. 1-17.
To redeem the free admission ticket, military veterans should present their military ID to LEGOLAND Florida’s ticket window the day they plan to visit; military veterans may also purchase tickets for up to six accompanying guests at a discounted rate of $40 plus tax each ticket.
On November 11th, Veterans Day, LEGOLAND Florida will be holding special day activities:
- Veterans will be invited to help ‘open’ the park at the beginning of the day with a small celebration dedicated to all Military members and their families.
- Veterans and park guests will help build an oversized American flag out made out of LEGO bricks.
- Veterans will receive a 20% discount on select retail and food and beverage items throughout the park.
Win the gift of LEGOLAND Florida for a deserving service member and/or veteran and their family! For more information and how to enter the sweepstakes, click here!
When DUPLO® Valley opens in spring 2014, new attractions and significant renovations will make this toddler-dedicated space a favorite for our smallest guests! The area will include new farm-themed attractions, an air-conditioned indoor play area and a water play area, all geared to toddlers ages 2-5. DUPLO Valley will be the ideal place for parents to play and relax with young children.
One of the key attractions in the new area will be a DUPLO train, where toddlers can board on their own or with parents to explore countryside-themed scenery including farms, fishing holes and campgrounds. Just across the way, toddlers can jump on a mini-tractor and help the DUPLO farmers plow cornfields and find missing farm animals. To cool off after a busy day on the farm, toddlers can also splash and play in the new water play area, filled with water spouts and larger than life DUPLO farm animals on a soft play deck.
In addition to the new attractions, the existing DUPLO Barn will also be significantly renovated to include air-conditioning and additional play areas, as well as an updated toddler room where parents can relax while children build with DUPLO bricks. The Baby Care Center, presented by Winter Haven Hospital, will continue to provide all the amentieis to take care of young children. The area offers private nursing areas, rocking chairs, microwaves, bottle warmers, high chairs, changing stations and more. The Baby Care Center will remain open during construction to accommodate families.
During construction in the former DUPLO Village area, park guests with toddlers are encouraged to explore the other attractions for the entire family found throughout the park. A full list of these toddler-friendly attractions can be found at www.legoland.com/toddlers.