Hooray for us! LEGOLAND® Water Park recently was named a category winner in the USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest. Out of more than 1,200 water parks in the U.S., ours was named one of the 10 best outdoor water parks.
Here’s what they had to say:
Guests at LEGOLAND Florida Water Park can explore 5 acres of water features and attractions. Get those creative juices flowing at Creative Cove, where kids can build and race LEGO boats along a fast-flowing river or Build-a-Raft River, where families construct their own vessels for a lazy river-style float. Thrill seekers can choose between high-octane attractions like Splash Out, Twin Chasers or the LEGO Wave Pool.
The results reflect the votes of fans and travelers who picked their favorites in The 10Best Readers’ Choice Award contest. Nominees are chosen by a panel of relevant experts that include editors from USA TODAY, editors from 10Best.com, relevant expert contributors and sources for both media and other Gannett properties.
10Best.com provides original, unbiased and experiential travel content of top attractions, things to see and do, and restaurants for top destinations in the U.S. and around the world. Averaging 5 million visitors per month, the site was acquired by USA TODAY in 2013.
LEGOLAND Water Park is open daily now through Labor Day Weekend. Come make a splash with us!
The KIDZ BOP Kids — Ahnya, Cooper, Freddy, Isaiah, Julianna and Sierra — kicked off their “Best Time Ever” concert tour April 28-30, 2017, at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. The live shows were part of KIDZ BOP Weekend, an awesome new event here that will return in 2018! Take a look:
In addition to performing hits from “KIDZ BOP 34” for thousands of enthusiastic fans, the KIDZ BOP Kids met park guests after each show, including the contest-winning Waltenbaugh family from Nashville, Tenn. Nine-year-old Graham Waltenbaugh even got to experience the brand-new LEGO® NINJAGO® The Ride with the talented young performers!
This Friday, Saturday and Sunday only, The KIDZ BOP Kids will take the stage at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort! KIDZ BOP, the No. 1 music brand for kids, is hitting the road again for the all-new “Best Time Ever” tour. The concert series is kicking off at KIDZ BOP Weekend, an inaugural event exclusive to the place #BuiltForKids.
The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform at the newly renamed KIDZ BOP Stadium inside the theme park on the shore of Lake Eloise. The family-friendly shows will include hit songs from their latest album, “KIDZ BOP 34,” and other pop hits that will get kids and parents dancing along!
A meet-and-greet with The KIDZ BOP Kids — Ahnya, Cooper, Freddy, Isaiah, Julianna and Sierra — will follow each concert.
- On Friday, April 28, The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., with a meet-and-greet following at 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- On Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform at noon and 4 p.m., with a meet-and-greet following at 1 and 5 p.m.
The concerts and meet-and-greets will be available to all guests on a first-come/first-served basis. Here’s the event guide, which lists all the fun!
Everything is included with all forms of park admission, so get ready to have the BEST TIME EVER! No extra ticket required! The theme park will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The KIDZ BOP Kids will kick off their 2017 “Best Time Ever” tour with two live concerts daily at the newly renamed KIDZ BOP Stadium inside the theme park on the shore of Lake Eloise. The family-friendly shows will include the biggest pop songs of the year, awesome dance moves and lots of fun surprises. Meet-and-greet opportunities* with The KIDZ BOP Kids — Ahnya, Cooper, Freddy, Isaiah, Julianna and Sierra — will follow each concert.
The KIDZ BOP concerts and meet-and-greets* are included with all forms of park admission and will be available to all guests on a first-come/first-served basis. No extra ticket required! Here’s the event guide, which lists all the fun.
- On Friday, April 28, The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., with a meet-and-greet* following at 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- On Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform at noon and 4 p.m., with a meet-and-greet* following at 1 and 5 p.m.
- The theme park will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Space is limited. First come, first served.
Meanwhile, check out the official KIDZ BOP YouTube channel! The kid-friendly channel includes awesome challenges, behind the scenes clips, and music videos for hits off their latest album, “KIDZ BOP 34.”
Nearly 25 years ago, Michael Dominik was an 11-year-old boy living in Germany when his life was changed by an elephant. A blue elephant.
After entering a LEGO® building competition, Michael was delighted to learn he’d won a prestigious award that made him an “honorary citizen” of LEGOLAND®, a reference to what was then the only LEGOLAND park in the world, Denmark’s LEGOLAND Billund.
In addition to a regal certificate proclaiming his membership in SOCIUS HONORARIUS LEGOLANDIAE, Michael received a stylish medallion on a multicolored ribbon — a blue elephant made out of LEGO bricks.
Although the rare “blue elephant” honor has mostly been forgotten a quarter-century later, Michael always remembered one of its promised perks — lifetime free admission to LEGOLAND.
On a recent visit to LEGOLAND Florida Resort, Michael was warmly welcomed back to the site he’d visited years ago with his grandparents when it was Cypress Gardens, one of Florida’s oldest tourist attractions.
He said he was delighted to see the ways the site has changed now that it’s part of the global LEGOLAND family, and that he appreciated the efforts made to continue the water ski shows and preserve the 81-year-old botanical gardens that made the site famous.
Stars of the Netflix Original Series “Fuller House,” including Jodie Sweetin, Michael Campion, Soni Nicole Bringas, Ashley Liao and Elias Harger, and Mckenna Grace, star of ABC’s “Designated Survivor,” visited LEGOLAND® Florida Resort today to celebrate the grand opening of LEGO® NINJAGO® World.
During a lavish grand opening ceremony attended by nearly 200 journalists and VIPs, the celebrities demonstrated several ninja hand moves kids can use to fight villains on the state-of-the-art “dark ride” where guests score points while blasting animated fireballs, lightning and more at waves of 3D villains. Joining them were members of Victory Xtreme Team from Victory Martial Arts in Orlando, Fla. Take a look at what the stars had to say about the awesome new ride:
Photos: / Chip Litherland, LOCK + LAND for LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Here’s a look back at some of the awesomeness we debuted in 2016! What was your favorite new attraction or event?
- Stars shine during world premiere of ‘The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure’
- Fans enjoy first look at LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ 4D film and re-imagined Imagination Zone during exclusive sneak preview event
- Unleash the power of play in the new Imagination Zone
- Meet Tommy Parker, Kid CEO, LEGOLAND® Hotel
- The fun is building at LEGOLAND® Water Park
- Make-A-Wish kid claims victory against NASCAR great Casey Mears in MINILAND 400
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort’s #BrickPony parks for the last time
- Power up! Tampa Electric celebrates completion of 1.8-megawatt solar canopy at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
KIDZ BOP, the No. 1 music brand for kids, has joined with the place #BuiltForKids to create an exclusive music video for the high-energy LEGO® NINJAGO® theme song, “The Weekend Whip,” and it premieres TODAY!
In the video, The KIDZ BOP Kids are joined by brother-and-sister ninja Kai and Nya while demonstrating five signature ninja hand moves kids can use to defeat villains and capture a high score on LEGO NINJAGO The Ride, a groundbreaking new attraction opening Jan. 12 at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
Click the images below to see the full video on the official KIDZ BOP YouTube channel:
And that’s just the start of all the KIDZ BOP fun planned here!
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort will name our main performance venue “The KIDZ BOP Theater,” where The KIDZ BOP Kids will perform annually, along with other kid-friendly talent and events.
- KIDZ BOP will write and produce an original theme song for us called “Built for Kids.”
- A “Kids Go Free” coupon for a free child’s admission to LEGOLAND Florida Resort will be included in all physical copies of the latest KIDZ BOP album, KIDZ BOP 34, which drops Jan. 20.
- One lucky fan will win a trip here to see The KIDZ BOP Kids perform as part of an upcoming social media sweepstakes.
The LEGOLAND partnership follows a milestone year for KIDZ BOP that included the brand’s 15th birthday, the debut of its first-ever fashion collection with children’s clothing brand Crazy 8, and its third annual “Life of the Party” tour. The KIDZ BOP Kids have been named Billboard Magazine’s “#1 Kids’ Artist” for the seventh consecutive year, and KIDZ BOP 31 was the best-selling children’s album of 2016.