In November during LEGO Club Weekend, we held the LEGO Legends of Chima themed Junior Model Master Builder competition at LEGOLAND Florida and the results are in! The entries were all so good and the judges definitely had a hard time deciding the winners from each age division. A special thanks to all those who competed and a big congratulations to those who won!
Here are the winners and their winning LEGO Legends of Chima model build.
9 & Under Age Division:
Gustavo A. from Key Biscayne, FL (Left) and Hayden W. from Frostproof, FL (Right)
10 – 15 Age Division:
Billy L. from Bartow, FL (Left) and Jacqueline F. from Brandon, FL (Right)
16 & Up Age Division:
Amy B. from Orlando, FL (Left) and Eugene W. from Casselberry, FL (Right)
Good Luck to all the 2013 JMMB winners as you compete in the Ultimate Build Off Competition in 2014!
The holidays are here, and what better way to celebrate the season than with some ticket giveaways?! We’re excited to launch the LEGOLAND Florida Countdown to Christmas Facebook Contest!
This December we are having 4 weekly contests on our Facebook page for a chance to win a 4-pack of 1-day tickets to LEGOLAND Florida for Christmas Bricktacular! Each week, we will be posting a holiday related question/activity on our Facebook page for all our LEGOLAND Florida fans to complete.
The dates for each weekly contest are as follows:
Week 1: Dec 2 – Dec 5, 2013. Winner notified Dec 6, 2013
Week 2: Dec 9 – Dec 12, 2013. Winner notified Dec 13, 2013
Week 3: Dec 16 – Dec 19, 2013. Winner notified Dec 20, 2013
Week 4: Dec 23 – Dec 26, 2013. Winner notified Dec 27, 2013
To enter, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: “Like” LEGOLAND Florida on Facebook
Step 2: Submit your answer for the weekly Countdown to Christmas question posted on the LEGOLAND Florida Facebook page for your chance to win the weekly prize.
Each weekly contest will begin at 9:00 am EST on Monday and end on the Thursday in the same week. Each week all entries must be received by 5pm EST on Thursday in order to be entered for judging. Winners will be decided and notified on Friday of the same week. The contest will run from December 2, 2013 to December 26, 2013.
Each week, a winner will be randomly selected from all contestants with correct answers. For those questions that involve individual answers, entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, and composition. To see the official contest rules, visit our website.
Good luck and Happy Holidays!
The holiday season is back, and so is LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular event!
LEGOLAND Florida celebrates the holidays every Saturday and Sunday during the month of December. With exciting holiday activities and spectacular decorations throughout the park, spending the weekend at Christmas Bricktacular will bring holiday cheer and fun for the whole family!
Check out the Christmas Bricktacular activities below:
- LEGO Santa Model: For the first time at LEGOLAND Florida, families will have a photo opportunity with a life-sized LEGO Santa Claus.
- LEGO® Christmas Tree: The more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks provides the perfect place for every holiday family photo. Through Dec. 25, a special family will be chosen to help light the Bricktacular tree each night.
- LEGO Model Build Activity in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza:
–Dec. 7-8 and 14-15: Help decorate the live Christmas trees with LEGO Christmas ornaments.
–Dec. 21-24: Help LEGOLAND Florida build a LEGO Christmas Tree in time for Christmas day that will stand over 20 foot tall when completed.
- LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt: It’s Christmas Eve in Miniland USA and Santa is busy delivering gifts to all the good girl and boy minilanders. Help find Santa in this fun-filled holiday scavenger hunt. The whole family can enjoy searching for Santa in the over 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland USA.
- LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters: Guests will have meet and greet opportunities with LEGOLAND Florida’s special holiday friends, LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier.
- Holiday Decorations: Guests will get into the holiday spirit with sounds of the season and holiday decorations that fill The Beginning and Fun Town areas of the park along with a winter wonderland feel as snow falls all around them.
- Holiday Shopping: LEGOLAND Florida is the best place to celebrate the season and pick up the holiday gifts that are on every child’s wish list – LEGO! With six specialty stores, the park is proud to offer a unique and often hard to find selection of LEGO products and more.
And the best part of all is that Christmas Bricktacular is included with park admission!
Did you know LEGOLAND Florida has over 14 different places to eat and dine, each with a unique menu? Locations around the park cater to different types of cravings – ranging from rotisserie chicken to waffles dipped in chocolate! LEGOLAND Florida not only has you covered on all types of food, but also for special dietary needs. There is something for everyone to enjoy while visiting the park! Each month we’ll be posting a LEGOLAND Florida Foodie blog focusing on a specific type of food or dietary option that the park has to offer. To kick off the first Foodie blog post, we’ll channel our holiday sweet tooth and focus on treats and sweets offered around the park!
Granny’s Apple Fries: A visit to LEGOLAND Florida is not complete without stopping by Granny’s Apples Fries! Created and found exclusively at LEGOLAND Parks, this original recipe is perfect for any weather. Using only the freshest applies from our local community, the apple fries are dusted with cinnamon and sugar and served with whipped cream dipping sauce. They taste just like a homemade apple pie!
Sunny’s Ice Cream Shop: If you’re a sucker for ice cream, look no further. At Sunny’s Ice Cream shop you can choose from different flavors and toppings to create the perfect sundae or ice cream cone! Choose between one, two, or three scoops and add toppings such as cookie crumbles and sprinkles to make it your own signature creation.
Waffle Spears: What do you get when you mix waffles, chocolate, and sprinkles? The ultimate treat for kids and adults! Served on spear-shaped waffles and dipped in warm chocolate, the waffles are topped off with sprinkles. Mouth watering yet? Travel into the forgotten worlds and try the Adventure spear waffle delights in Land of Adventure.
Create A Shake: Craving a milkshake? Treat yourself at the Create A Shake station located inside the Market Restaurant. Ranging from fruit to candy to cookies, create your own shake by choosing from variety of flavors and toppings!
Which of these tasty treats do you want to try? Be sure to check them out on your next trip to LEGOLAND Florida!
LEGOLAND Florida salutes the military veterans of the United States Armed Forces with appreciation days Nov. 1-17, 2013. In gratitude for their service, all military veterans are entitled to free admission to LEGOLAND Florida everyday during the 17-day period. Veterans are also entitled to discounted tickets for up to six accompanying guests at $40 plus tax each to experience the park’s more than 50 rides, shows and attractions designed for families with children ages 2 to 12. Adding to the celebration, Washington D.C. in Miniland U.S.A will be decorated with patriotic flair from Nov. 1-17.
To redeem the free admission ticket, military veterans should present their military ID to LEGOLAND Florida’s ticket window the day they plan to visit; military veterans may also purchase tickets for up to six accompanying guests at a discounted rate of $40 plus tax each ticket.
On November 11th, Veterans Day, LEGOLAND Florida will be holding special day activities:
- Veterans will be invited to help ‘open’ the park at the beginning of the day with a small celebration dedicated to all Military members and their families.
- Veterans and park guests will help build an oversized American flag out made out of LEGO bricks.
- Veterans will receive a 20% discount on select retail and food and beverage items throughout the park.
Win the gift of LEGOLAND Florida for a deserving service member and/or veteran and their family! For more information and how to enter the sweepstakes, click here!
We’re surrounded by spooky ghosts, crafty witches, and haunted mansions this week with Halloween just around the corner! So, grab your finest costumes and get your biggest bags ready, it’s time to Trick-Or-Treat! No matter your age, October 31st is always a great time to dress up. Whether you’re dressing up as a werewolf, vampire, or even your favorite LEGO Character, Halloween will bring a night full of candy and excitement.
Here at LEGOLAND Florida we are all about creating a safe, fun and memorable experience! With that in mind, we’ve asked Buddy’s Brick Bunch to put together some safety tips to make sure your Halloween night is nothing short of some spooky family fun!
- When trick-or-treating, stay with your group. Always stay close to your parents & friends and use the buddy system.
- Make sure your costume is safe as well. Be sure you are able to see out of it and your costume won’t cause you to trip.
- Be sure you and your costume are visible to others by using Aiden’s tip to “put reflective tape on your costumes, bags, and carry around a flashlight or glow sticks.”
- Double check your candy! Jack suggested, “Have your parents check over your treats to make sure they are safe before eating them.”
- Trick-or-Treat in a safe neighborhood. Alek says, “Visit only houses where the lights are on or have Halloween decorations.”
- Always accept your candy outside each house. Juliana’s most important tip is to “Never go inside anyone’s house, even if they ask you to.”
- Safe alternatives for trick-or-treating include going to local community center’s trunk-or-treat event or joining us at Brick-Or-Treat at LEGOLAND Florida over the weekend!
With Buddy’s Brick Bunch safety tips for Halloween night you’ll be a pro Trick-or-Treater!
Don’t forget this Saturday and Sunday (10/26 and 10/27) is the last chance to celebrate Brick or Treat at LEGOLAND Florida! With park admission, you’ll be able to enjoy the Miniland Scavenger Hunt, LEGO Ghost Build, Character Meet & Greets, great photo opportunities with the World’s Largest LEGO Pumpkin, Brick-or-Treat trail, LEGOLAND Florida costume contest, and Monster Mash Dance Party on Saturday!