Cartoon Network’s Move It Movement Tour is a summertime traveling event targeting youth 6-14 and their parents, presented in partnership with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative. Traveling from coast to coast, the tour will ultimately make its way to the gulf coast for its concluding presentation at LEGOLAND Florida on August 9th and August 10th.
The Move It Movement Tour is part of Cartoon Network’s long-established, award-winning pro-social efforts to provide support and encouragement in the ongoing battle against childhood obesity through such varied activities as daily recess, health & wellness education and active after-school involvement.
Presented in a themed, exciting and fun outdoor environment, the Move It Movement Tour features multiple activity and learning stations for kids, incorporating such core partner organizations as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop, NFL PLAY 60 and The PGA of America. Parents also will find a variety of educational materials and tip sheets presented by CATCH and Upwave, organizations which serve to empower kids and adults alike with resources that enable them to take more control of their own healthy lifestyle choices.
Move It Movement Activities
Families planning to visit LEGOLAND Florida and participate in the Move It Movement Tour can enjoy a host of activities, including an all-new Cartoon Network show-branded obstacle course. Additional activities at the Move It Movement Tour include the following:
- NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
- The PGA of America Driving Range — updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard;
- NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
- Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids™ Football Sled Challenge – At the challenge, kids can learn the importance of piling the veggies on their favorite Subway sandwich, as they push a custom Subway football sled across the finish line.
- Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
Further information about the MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR, including specific market locations, dates and times, can be found at www.MoveItMovement.com.
Purchase tickets to LEGOLAND Florida at www.LEGOLAND.com to participate on August 9 and August 10!