A herd of cows, goats, chickens, and sheep have arrived at LEGOLAND Florida to graze about in their new homes in the park’s latest expansion, DUPLO Valley! The new area specifically geared to toddlers ages 2 to 5 will officially open to guests on May 23, 2014, just in time for family-fun over Memorial Day weekend! The DUPLO farm animals will be key features in two of the attractions, the mini tractor ride and the water play area.
The central feature of DUPLO Valley will be the DUPLO Train where toddlers will be able to board a train on their own or with their parents to explore countryside-themed scenery passing through farms, fishing holes and campgrounds. Just across the way, toddlers will be able to jump on a tractor their size and help the farmers plow the cornfields and hunt for missing farm animals. For those looking to cool off, the new splash and play area will be refreshingly fun with intermittent water spouts and interactive water elements set among larger than life farm animals with a soft deck for safety.
Another key element will be the existing DUPLO Barn which will feature significant enhancements to allow kids to play indoors in the comfort of air conditioning. Existing attractions will be enhanced with additional DUPLO farm-themed play areas and a toddler room where parents can relax while kids build with DUPLO bricks. The barn’s Baby Care Center will continue to provide all the amenities to take care of young children. It offers private nursing stations, rocking chairs, microwaves, bottle warmers, high chairs, changing stations, cell phone charging stations and more.
The new DUPLO Valley will add more excitement to LEGOLAND Florida’s line-up of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions dedicated to children of ages 2 to 12.
Our VIP Guest Experiences are the ultimate way to experience LEGOLAND Florida. We’ve added 2 new Special Event VIP Experiences for our first two in-park events of 2014! Plan your trip to LEGOLAND today and make it memorable with these one-of-a-kind experiences!
The LEGO Movie Weekend
Everything included in the LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience, plus a special The LEGO Movie Weekend Experience! Celebrate the release of The LEGO Movie with red carpet treatment during The LEGO Movie Weekend and a private meet & greet experience with the stars of the movie Emmet and Wyldstyle!
Prices start from $495 per child & $545 per adult (plus tax), available during The LEGO Movie Weekend ONLY, February 8 & 9th 2014.
Emma’s Heartlake Salon
Enjoy the full LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience, plus a special upgrade for LEGO Friends Weekend! Get pampered with a 1 1/2 hour hair and beauty styling session by the professionals from Posh Salon and join the LEGO Friends for Stephanie’s Tea Party in the Mansion!
Price: $595 per child (tax not included), available during LEGO Friends Weekend ONLY (February 15 & 16th 2014). All guests accompanying the child must purchase the VIP Experience.
For more information or to book your VIP Experience, visit our website or call 1-855-753-7777 today!
Happy New Year! Bringing in a new year is a great time to reflect on changes we want to make in the coming year. Resolutions range from breaking bad habits to learning something new every day. However, each year the most popular New Year’s resolution tends to be associated with fitness and wellbeing. Here at LEGOLAND Florida we have great dining options and meals to keep you true to your resolution and staying healthy! Not only will walking around the park all day keep you fit, but our delicious healthy dining options will keep your cravings in check! Who said eating healthy had to be boring in 2014? Check out our tasty health conscious food items below!
Lakeside Sandwich Co: This restaurant has a variety of healthy meals. Situated right on Lake Eloise by Pirates’ Cove, Lakeside Sandwich Co has many different options such as Southwest Chicken Wrap, Turkey BLT sub, and Garden Salad. All sandwiches, subs and salads are made fresh everyday to ensure your meal is nothing short of delicious. Pair it with a non-carbonated drink and a fruit cup for the perfect New Year’s resolution healthy meal!
Market Restaurant: Mentioned in last month’s Foodie Blog, the Market Restaurant in Fun Town has hearty dining options as well. Stop by and pick up a fresh soup and salad. Soup changes daily and four different salads are served up inside the restaurant. If you prefer fish, give the grilled salmon a try. Couple it with either the flavorful roasted veggies or potatoes for the perfect resolution-safe meal! Market Restaurant also offers Asian fused meals! Create your own rice bowl with Teriyaki Beef, Sweet and Sour Chicken, or Stir-fry Vegetables. Add a fruit cup and a bottle of water for a complete, well-balanced meal.
I-Zone Panini: Do you prefer your sandwiches warm? Swing by I-Zone Panini to satisfy your craving! Warm and freshly pressed sandwiches are served, ranging from Chicken Florentine to Black Forest Ham & White Cheddar. If you want to skip the carbs for your New Year’s resolution, I-Zone Panini has you covered! Three different types of salads are prepared fresh each day and served here.
Castle Burger: This restaurant may be known for its juicy burgers and fries, but don’t cross them off the list just yet. Castle Burgers also offers freshly made Grilled Chicken Salads. No need to leave yourself out when dining here – this delightful salad will keep your appetite satisfied and feeling great!
As if you even needed a reason…
- The LEGO World of Chima – Embark on a journey through the magical waters flowing from Mount Cavora when you enter the The Quest for CHI, LEGOLAND Florida’s newest interactive water ride. The World of Chima presented by Cartoon Network, which also features Speedorz Arena and Cragger’s Swamp splash area, is sure to make you feel like you’re actually in Laval and Cragger’s adventurous world!
- Minifigure Trading – Bring your minifigs to LEGOLAND Florida and trade away! MC’s in the park sport minifigures on their nametags and they are ready to trade with you! If you see one you like, don’t be afraid to trade! Trade once, twice, or as many times as you like till you find the perfect minifig to add to your collection.
- Opening of DUPLO Valley – DUPLO Valley reopens in spring 2014 with new attractions, renovations, and enhanced theming! The toddler-dedicated area will include a train, mini tractor ride, water play area, and an air-conditioned indoor play area in the DUPLO Barn. DUPLO Valley will be the perfect place for parents to play and relax with younger children. We can’t wait for our smaller guests to enjoy the new addition to our toddler-friendly attractions throughout the park!
- Pink Knuckle Coasters – LEGOLAND Florida is the ultimate children’s theme park where roller coasters are built and designed just for them! If it’s their first time riding a roller coaster, LEGOLAND Florida has the perfect coasters to ease into! Coastersaurus, The Dragon and Merlin’s Challenge are wonderful for a first-time rider. If you’ve got a real thrill-seeker in the family, don’t miss out on Project X. The coaster’s drop will give them the adrenaline rush they crave!
- LEGOLAND Water Park – Beat the Florida heat this summer at LEGOLAND Florida’s Water Park! Spend the day in a cabana lounging by the LEGO wave pool, build your own raft with floating LEGO bricks in the lazy river, get dunked by gallons of water by the Joker Soaker, and make a splash when you slide down the tallest attraction in the park at Splash Out!
- Ford Driving School – License before age 16? At LEGOLAND Florida you can! Visit the Ford Driving School and get a “real-life” driving experience in LEGO City. Kids receive their official LEGOLAND driver’s license after completing this popular attraction! For our smaller guests, Ford Jr. Driving School allows kids ages 3 through 5 to get in on the driving fun too. Think you can master the seas as well? Test your skills at Boating School when you captain your own mini-vessel!
- Granny’s Apple Fries – Everyone who has tried Granny’s Apple Fries know that these treats are a must-have! Found only at LEGOLANDs, these cinnamon-sugar dusted apple fries are the perfect snack when you spend the weekend at the park. Pair it with whipped cream dipping sauce and you’ve got yourself a homemade apple pie on the go!
- Cypress Gardens – We take pride in taking care and preserving the historic gardens, making LEGOLAND Florida one of the most beautiful LEGOLAND parks in the world! The stunning botanical gardens have been restored to create a horticultural masterpiece, including the eye-catching Banyan Tree that was planted in 1939!
- Miniland USA – The heart of the park is Miniland USA. Recreating cities around the country with LEGO bricks, Miniland USA is sure to keep you fascinated as you discover the incredible detail of each area and the secret lives of the minilanders, its inhabitants. As you wander through Las Vegas, California, and the Kennedy Space center (just to name 3 of the 7 themed areas), keep an eye out for the scenes and trivia we have posted on our blog series, “Miniland USA Scavenger Hunt”!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS Classes – Challenge yourself this year as you build and program cutting-edge, computerized LEGO MINDSTORMS™ robots. Discover motors, gears, and pulleys as you complete these one-of-a-kind STEM focused classes. Educational programs and class field trips are available as well; click here to find out more about these learning opportunities.
- Live Water Ski Show – Flips, jumps, and big air are all stunts you’ll witness first hand at Pirates’ Cove! The live-action, water-stunt show brings both adventure and daring spectacles as they fight the swashbuckling pirates. This interactive live ski-show brings together LEGO characters and the audience to help save the shores of Lake Eloise from Captain Brickbeard!
- Character Meet and Greets – Want to meet some of you favorite LEGO characters? From the Legends of Chima, Laval and Cragger are here to say hi and take pictures with you! Throughout the year we also will also have special visits from the LEGO Friends girls. This year Emmitt and Wyldstyle from The LEGO Movie will be making special appearances to meet their fans! And of course, Buddy and Max will be around to greet all their LEGOLAND friends every day!
- In-Park Events – Our bricktastic events throughout the year will keep you coming back again and again! Celebrate your girly side during LEGO Friends Weekend, watch fireworks during July 4th’s Red Brick and Boom, and dress up during Brick-Or-Treat, our spooky kid-friendly Halloween event. For a full list of our exciting 2014 events, click here.
- Everything LEGO! – Last but not least, LEGOLAND is full of LEGO models! The park is decked out with loads of LEGO models. Get up-close to life size LEGO elephants and giraffes in Safari Trek, joust on LEGO themed horse in LEGO Kingdoms, and take pictures with a massive big red dinosaur, Einstein’s face, or the Empire State Building in Miniland USA! Here at LEGOLAND Florida you can also build and collect LEGO sets that are hard to find in retail stores, plus pass members save 10%!
Here are the 14 best reasons to come spend your weekends at LEGOLAND Florida in 2014! Who wouldn’t want to visit LEGOLAND Florida now? With over 50 rides, shows and attractions plus events throughout the year, you are sure to have a memorable experience when you visit.
We’ll see you soon!
LEGOLAND® Florida kicks off 2014 with a full line-up of action-packed special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. You will want to return again and again to enjoy LEGOLAND® Florida’s special events and more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. And the best part of all is each event (*except Citrus Classic 5K) is included with regular park admission!
- The LEGO Club Weekend includes fun for all with activities to celebrate “The LEGO Movie”, the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure featuring an all-star cast and set to open in theaters February 7. Come enjoy a special movie-themed building activity, movie-themed scavenger hunt in Miniland USA and meet and greet sessions with costume characters Emmet and Wyldstyle! February 8 and 9, 2014
- LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls! This third annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Friends product line for girls. Friends Weekend activities include a LEGO Friends super brick build, a best friend build competition, a scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, entertainment, games, and a chance to meet your favorite character! Don’t miss out on this fun-filled event on Valentine’s Day weekend. February 15 and 16, 2014
- LEGOLAND Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens with a splash and just in time for summer-time fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river or splash and play in the DUPLO® Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. Opens April 12 and runs through the end of October. Beat the Florida heat this summer at LEGOLAND Water Park! Daily operational hours vary and can be found at www.legoland.com. April 12, 2014
- Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk* allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. Visit www.legoland.com for event registration fees and processes. April 12, 2014
- Red, Brick & Boom celebrates the 4th of July with a bang at this third annual Independence Day event. With a super brick flag build and special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight with three nights of family fun and fireworks! July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
- Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, LEGO build activities, the largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern in the world, a haunted scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, Halloween-themed entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with brick-tastic prizes! Bring your costumes and your best scary faces to LEGOLAND Florida this October! Weekends in October 2014
- Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made of 270,000 LEGO bricks, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations throughout the park, holiday LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier make daily appearances in the park providing a perfect family photo opportunity. Spend the holidays at your favorite Florida theme park! Weekends in December 2014
- Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise after the holidays. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2014
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the New Year with the whole family. Watch the giant LEGO brick drop at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST. Other event elements include a spectacular fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA. December 31, 2014
Which special event are you most excited for this year?