Miniland USA is certainly the heart of LEGOLAND Florida, and many guests spend hours just taking in the details. If you are one such LEGO enthusiast with a keen eye for detail, we’ve got some fun trivia for you. Each month we will highlight a few scenes found in Miniland USA that are hidden in plain sight as part of a new “Miniland Scavenger Hunt” blog series, so get ready to learn about the secret lives of our Minilanders!
For the first Miniland Scavenger Hunt, we’ll give you five scenes to look for;
- Where in Florida can you find a man trying to herd cats?
- A couple is tying the knot in Washington DC, can you find them?
- Which college football team gets a shout out in Las Vegas?
- Can you find the dog on the run with a hot dog in New York?
- Where in California can you find a reference to the first LEGOLAND Park?
Stay tuned for more fun facts and hidden scenes from Miniland USA, and be sure to share your favorite scenes in the comments below!
On Thursday, November 21, 2013, LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones once again put on his hard hat to unveil an expansion at LEGOLAND Florida; officially announcing that the much anticipated LEGOLAND Hotel will open in 2015. Jones made the announcement alongside community leaders with a ceremonial groundbreaking moment at the site where the hotel will be built, directly to the left of LEGOLAND Florida’s entrance, near beautiful Lake Eloise.
“The opening of a LEGOLAND Hotel will transition LEGOLAND Florida from a single-day visit theme park to a multi-day resort destination,” said Jones. “This will serve as a catalyst for future economic development in Polk County.”
Welcoming guests with a multicolored exterior and entrance, the four-story LEGOLAND Hotel will immerse families with young children in the world of LEGO®, as an extension of the vibrant and interactive theme park experience. Created to bring children’s imaginations to life, the LEGO-themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor; interactive play areas; a pool and a restaurant.
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel will add 250 construction-related jobs during the construction, and another 250 jobs to its employee base to staff the new hotel upon completion.
This will be the fifth LEGOLAND Hotel in the world joining LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Windsor and LEGOLAND Billund hotels. LEGOLAND Malaysia Hotel will soon open its doors.
There is always that one person on your Christmas list that has it all, the person who is just impossible to shop for, right? If you have a LEGO fan that fits that description on your list, we have the perfect gift idea for you; a LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience!
With expanded VIP Experience offerings during the holidays, you can give the perfect gift to that special someone, from reserved fireworks seating during Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve to our Christmas Bricktacular VIP Experience that includes a tour of the secret Model Shop, priority ride access all day and a special meet & greet session with LEGO Santa and Toy Soldier!
The VIP Experiences Reserved Fireworks seating is offered nightly December 26-31, 2013 and includes reserved seating, hot chocolate, warm cookies and a blanket to keep you cozy during the fireworks display. This experience can be added to park admission for just $23 per child and $25 per adult. Park admission is required.
If you book the LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience during Christmas Bricktacular, private meet & greet sessions with LEGO Santa and Toy Soldier are included. Pricing starts at $445 per child and $495 per adult. LEGOLAND Florida Annual Pass Members receive a special discount of more than $100 off!
The LEGOLAND Florida VIP Experience includes:
- Your personal VIP Host for the entire day
- Exclusive tour of the secret Model Shop with our Model Builder
- Priority access to rides & attractions
- Single day admission & parking
- Lunch & refreshments
- Interesting park and LEGO Model facts
- VIP lanyard
- LEGOLAND Florida Gift bag
- Printed souvenir photograph
- Unlimited digital photograph package for the day
Not visiting during the holidays, but want to gift the VIP Experience? We offer Brick Gift Vouchers to make gift giving a snap. This gift is a customized LEGO Brick wall with a photo and message of your choice!
To learn more or book your VIP Experience, click here or call 1-855-753-7777. All VIP Experiences require an advance booking to guarantee availability.
The holiday season is back, and so is LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular event!
LEGOLAND Florida celebrates the holidays every Saturday and Sunday during the month of December. With exciting holiday activities and spectacular decorations throughout the park, spending the weekend at Christmas Bricktacular will bring holiday cheer and fun for the whole family!
Check out the Christmas Bricktacular activities below:
- LEGO Santa Model: For the first time at LEGOLAND Florida, families will have a photo opportunity with a life-sized LEGO Santa Claus.
- LEGO® Christmas Tree: The more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks provides the perfect place for every holiday family photo. Through Dec. 25, a special family will be chosen to help light the Bricktacular tree each night.
- LEGO Model Build Activity in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza:
–Dec. 7-8 and 14-15: Help decorate the live Christmas trees with LEGO Christmas ornaments.
–Dec. 21-24: Help LEGOLAND Florida build a LEGO Christmas Tree in time for Christmas day that will stand over 20 foot tall when completed.
- LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt: It’s Christmas Eve in Miniland USA and Santa is busy delivering gifts to all the good girl and boy minilanders. Help find Santa in this fun-filled holiday scavenger hunt. The whole family can enjoy searching for Santa in the over 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland USA.
- LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters: Guests will have meet and greet opportunities with LEGOLAND Florida’s special holiday friends, LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier.
- Holiday Decorations: Guests will get into the holiday spirit with sounds of the season and holiday decorations that fill The Beginning and Fun Town areas of the park along with a winter wonderland feel as snow falls all around them.
- Holiday Shopping: LEGOLAND Florida is the best place to celebrate the season and pick up the holiday gifts that are on every child’s wish list – LEGO! With six specialty stores, the park is proud to offer a unique and often hard to find selection of LEGO products and more.
And the best part of all is that Christmas Bricktacular is included with park admission!
Did you know LEGOLAND Florida has over 14 different places to eat and dine, each with a unique menu? Locations around the park cater to different types of cravings – ranging from rotisserie chicken to waffles dipped in chocolate! LEGOLAND Florida not only has you covered on all types of food, but also for special dietary needs. There is something for everyone to enjoy while visiting the park! Each month we’ll be posting a LEGOLAND Florida Foodie blog focusing on a specific type of food or dietary option that the park has to offer. To kick off the first Foodie blog post, we’ll channel our holiday sweet tooth and focus on treats and sweets offered around the park!
Granny’s Apple Fries: A visit to LEGOLAND Florida is not complete without stopping by Granny’s Apples Fries! Created and found exclusively at LEGOLAND Parks, this original recipe is perfect for any weather. Using only the freshest applies from our local community, the apple fries are dusted with cinnamon and sugar and served with whipped cream dipping sauce. They taste just like a homemade apple pie!
Sunny’s Ice Cream Shop: If you’re a sucker for ice cream, look no further. At Sunny’s Ice Cream shop you can choose from different flavors and toppings to create the perfect sundae or ice cream cone! Choose between one, two, or three scoops and add toppings such as cookie crumbles and sprinkles to make it your own signature creation.
Waffle Spears: What do you get when you mix waffles, chocolate, and sprinkles? The ultimate treat for kids and adults! Served on spear-shaped waffles and dipped in warm chocolate, the waffles are topped off with sprinkles. Mouth watering yet? Travel into the forgotten worlds and try the Adventure spear waffle delights in Land of Adventure.
Create A Shake: Craving a milkshake? Treat yourself at the Create A Shake station located inside the Market Restaurant. Ranging from fruit to candy to cookies, create your own shake by choosing from variety of flavors and toppings!
Which of these tasty treats do you want to try? Be sure to check them out on your next trip to LEGOLAND Florida!
LEGOLAND Florida salutes the military veterans of the United States Armed Forces with appreciation days Nov. 1-17, 2013. In gratitude for their service, all military veterans are entitled to free admission to LEGOLAND Florida everyday during the 17-day period. Veterans are also entitled to discounted tickets for up to six accompanying guests at $40 plus tax each to experience the park’s more than 50 rides, shows and attractions designed for families with children ages 2 to 12. Adding to the celebration, Washington D.C. in Miniland U.S.A will be decorated with patriotic flair from Nov. 1-17.
To redeem the free admission ticket, military veterans should present their military ID to LEGOLAND Florida’s ticket window the day they plan to visit; military veterans may also purchase tickets for up to six accompanying guests at a discounted rate of $40 plus tax each ticket.
On November 11th, Veterans Day, LEGOLAND Florida will be holding special day activities:
- Veterans will be invited to help ‘open’ the park at the beginning of the day with a small celebration dedicated to all Military members and their families.
- Veterans and park guests will help build an oversized American flag out made out of LEGO bricks.
- Veterans will receive a 20% discount on select retail and food and beverage items throughout the park.
Win the gift of LEGOLAND Florida for a deserving service member and/or veteran and their family! For more information and how to enter the sweepstakes, click here!