Independent exploration, discovery, and experimentation are the core values of the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. By actively experiencing different programs themselves, guests and students alike are motivated to take a long-term interest in topics from a wide range of different school subjects, including Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
By working together in teams, those participating also learn to collaborate and improve social and teamwork skills. Overall, LEGOLAND Florida Resort offers nine different classes, available to both school groups and park guests. The classes run from kids in grades K-6, running the gamut on STEM and creative learning!
- Tall Towers Program: Learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong.
- Robotics for Young Beginners: Grasp introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors.
- Funtastic Gears Program: Build a theme park ride and use gears to alter the speed and direction. While building a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the race and why.
- Get Moving: Discover everything about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
- Book and Brick: Create a unique story at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and present to classmates in a fun and interactive way. This class enhances reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Energy Lab Program: Build a solar-powered car and compare solar energy to mechanical energy. Then collect, store and transfer solar energy to power LEGO vehicles.
- Amazing Machines: Construct machines with working gears, levers, and pulleys!
- Astro Bot and Rover Rescue: Program and test solutions using real-life robotics technology that includes sensors, motors and intelligent technology.
For more information on the Educational Programs at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, click here.